How to cook Pork Sinigang
Sinigang is a popular dish in the Philippines. It is a delicious and easy-to-prepare food. Here is a step-by-step recipe on how to cook your favorite Pork sinigang:
1. 1 kilo pork belly chunks
2. 1 liter water
3. 1 piece red onion, quartered
4. 2 pieces medium tomatoes, quartered
5. 1 bundle kangkong stalks
6. 1 piece eggplant, sliced
7. 5 pieces siling pansigang
How to cook
1. Wash your ingredients.
2. Place the tamarinds in a saucepan with about 1 cup of water and bring to a boil. Cook until soft and outer skins begin to peel off.
3. Remove from the pan and mash the tamarind to release the flavored pulp. Set aside.
4. In a pot over medium heat, put the pork in water and bring to a boil. Remove excess oils and fats that accumulates on top.
5. Add the tomatoes, onion, and salt to taste. Lower hear and simmer until the meat is tender. Add more water if necessary.
6. Add the siling pansigang and the eggplant. Continue to simmer for about two minutes.
7. Add the tamarind pulp that you have extracted. Stir into the pot.
8. Season with more salt and pepper to taste.
9. Add the kangkong stalks and continue to cook for about a minute.
10. Your pork sinigang is now ready to serve!
Craving for sinigang? Just click this link and it will show you exactly where to go. Visit us now!
Follow our Facebook page Tatang’s Inihaus for more updates!